1.Front/top of camera buttons:
- AF = Auto Focus
- Drive. Only available in photo mode. Single shooting, self-timer, high speed continuous
- ISO- light level
- Night light bulb
- Auto-focus, auto-selection
- Wheel, for scrolling
- Infrared sensor
- Remote sensor
- Depth of field preview
- button to exchange lenses
- dial functions wheel: bulb, manual function, Av(aperature-Fstop), Tv(shutter priority, shutter speed), P(Program AE, automatic settings), A+(intellegnet auto), CA(creative auto, images with specific ambience), SCN(choose your scene set up), C”p, C1p( 2 presets you use often
2. Back of camera:
- Auto Focus on
- on/off button
- Touch screen
- Info. screen or leveler, more info on the pic or vid
- search to go to last pic
- open screen for vlogging or selfies
- hot-shoe attatchment to add speed light, flash, mic
- optical eyepiece
- video mode to photo mode
- live view mode- can adjust focus and exposure before taking pics
- AE lock button
- Autofocus point button
- Scroll wheel- changes F stop and scroll through photos/options
- set button is select
- q button- menu settings
3. How to set ISO:
- click ISO button on top right of camera. Set ISO with the wheel. Bright light, slower speed film, lower iso. Dark, high ISO/speed film.
- Low ISO=great shadows, very clear, dynamic range. High ISO more grain, less range, muted colors
- Moving object may need higher ISO especially if not as light outside.
- Be careful using higher ISO. Be aware of exposure.
4. How to change aperture:
Scroll with the large wheel on back of camera around the SET button.
5. How to set Shutter speed
Fast shutter speed- moving things. Sports, animals.
Slow shutter speed- stable objects.
Waterfall: blurred water by using slow shutter speed. Crisp frozen water by using fast shutter speed.