Compare the design (in terms of pace and contrast) of an online magazine, blog or website to that of a printed magazine, book or journal.
- What differences can you see between the kinds of design strategies used in the two formats?
- Write down your findings and upload it to WordPress.
I’ve chosen to compare the printed version of Time Magazine and the website.
- There is a lot of information on the home page. A ton of articles and cutting-edge news and graphs and links to other related articles. It’s really easy to go from article to article and if you’re looking for stories on specific topics they are easily found.
- The magazine is limited on space. It doesn’t have the same luxury to find a specific story or topics easily. You have to browse to find things.
- The text in the magazine is placed very precisely. Since there is limited space the layout and composition is so important to get the most information down in a clean, easy to read way.
- In the website there are a lot of pictures next to the different articles so the grid had a lot more going on than that of the standard amgazine.