3 Lighting sources and their functions
- Flat light- when you have your light source facing directly at the front of your subject. No shadows on face
- 2. Split light- side lighting that hits the face at a 90 degree angle. Look tough and masculine
- Backlight- light comes from behind. You can get a semi sillhouette and focueses heavily on the atmosphere and light
name 2 light modifiers and the difference between them:
- Light Shapers which are devices that bend light into particular forms. They fit over studio lights to allow for more control over the size and direction of light.
- Bouncers, Reflectors, and Absorbers are used when you need to minimize shadows, turn to reflector boards and reflecting umbrella lights. These accessories bounce light off surfaces, softening, diffusing, or redirecting it.